BETBOSS RESPONSIBLE GAMING POLICY
At BetBoss, our products are designed for your entertainment and we pride ourselves on taking the utmost care in relation to our customers’ well-being and our social responsibilities. As such, we are committed to providing a secure, fair and socially responsible service and want all players to enjoy our products safely and responsibly. We are pleased that a growing number of players continue to enjoy our sports betting products on a regular basis. We are committed to responsible gambling and have a range of measures in place to ensure that players who enjoy our services can do so in as safe a manner as possible. It is vital that players only place bets with affordable amounts that are in line with their individual or family budgets, i.e. with amounts that he or she can afford to lose. Players should always keep track of the time and amounts spent on betting.
If you feel you may have a problem with your gambling, it is imperative that you ask yourself the following key questions to determine whether you are adhering to responsible gaming principles:
- Do you prefer gambling to spending time with your family, friends or other ways to have quality time?
- Would you ever steal, lie or sell valuable assets to get money to gamble – or have you ever in the past?
- Have you ever missed work or school so that you can gamble?
- Do you feel gambling is an escape, or a way out of a boring or unhappy life?
- Have you ever gambled away all or a significant portion of your money or savings, and consequently been unable to afford food, transportation home, or other necessities?
- Have you ever lied about or hidden the amount of time or money spent gambling?
- Have you ever been reproached for gambling too much?
- Do you feel depressed if you were to lose your money through gambling? If so, does more gambling provide the only relief?
- Do you feel an urge to recover all of your losses right away when you happen to incur a loss due to gambling?
- Do you respond to arguments, frustrations or disappointments with desire to gamble more?
- Is gambling causing you to feel depressed or suicidal?
- Has a family member, friend, of group of people close to you ever organised or proposed an intervention to discuss your gambling
The more positive answers you have to the above questions, the more serious a gambling issue or problem you may have. If you think you have a gambling issue or problem, please feel free to contact our customer care team on: +254 (0)703065777 or at email@example.com
BetBoss makes efforts to monitor betting activity in an attempt to identify problem gambling. However, problem gambling behaviour is not easily identified and we are not trained professionals in the treatment of problem gambling. As such, we cannot take responsibility for successfully identifying all cases of problem gambling on our platform and our monitoring is provided as an additional gratuitous service for our customers. If we do suspect that you may have a problem and are in need of help because of a gambling problem we reserve the right to contact you and, at our sole discretion, to suspend your account and deny access to our products. In the event you are contacted we ask that you co-operate with our customer support team, in the knowledge that we at BetBoss have your best interests at heart.
Terms & Conditions
All BetBoss transactions are covered by our Terms and Conditions which are read in conjunction with any game specific Betting Rules. We have made all efforts to ensure our rules clear and transparent and we take care in enforcing them as effectively and equitably as possible. Customers must be 18 years of age or over. User name and security confidentiality are the client's responsibility. Bets, once placed cannot be changed. For the full details, visit our Terms and Conditions.
Setting Deposit Limits:
This facility enables you to limit the amount of money that you are able to deposit online into your account on either a 24 hour, 7 day, or 30 day basis. These amounts may be revised downwards at any time but any increase can only be implemented 7 days following on from the request. Our Customer Services team will be happy to provide any further information required but are unable to override limits set by you. You are able to set or amend your Deposit Limits by going to My Account and then Deposit Limits when logged into your account.
Prevention of under-aged gambling:
BetBoss requires customers to declare that they are of lawful age to engage in gambling activities. We pursue reasonable measures to verify this including electronic age verification and random age checks. We never target minors with our advertising.
Help us to prevent minors from gambling:
It is unlawful to allow minors to gamble and we ask our customers to do their part in ensuring that this does not happen. We ask all of our customers, and in fact it is your responsibility, to ensure that your account is not used for under-aged gambling. Some suggestions on how to make sure this does not happen are provided below:
- Do not leave your computer unattended when you are logged on to our website.
- Make sure to log out of your account when you leave our website.
- Do not share your credit card or bank account details.
- Do not leave the "Save Password" option enabled.
- Use child protection software.
- Create separate computer profiles for your children.
If you know of a user of our services that is below the lawful age in their jurisdiction, please contact Customer Services.
There are a number of third party applications that parents or guardians can use to monitor or restrict the use of their computer's access to the Internet. It is strongly recommended that parents or guardians who engage our services take adequate precautions such that minors in the household are protected. Examples of protection can include:
- Net Nanny: filtering software that protects children from inappropriate web content: www.netnanny.com.
- CYBERsitter: filtering software that enables parents to add their own sites to block: www.cybersitter.com.
A simple search online will yield many other options available to ensure the protection of minors.
For some customers, gambling can become a serious problem. We offer a self-exclusion option that can be easily implemented by the customer simply by making a request to our customer service team. If you would like to self-exclude yourself from accessing our products, please either contact Customer Services or choose to self-exclude here. You will need to specify the period of time you wish to be self-excluded for, which can range from 7 days to a permanent exclusion. The process for and implications of self-exclusion are listed below:
- If you request this via Customer Services, an agent will reply and ask you to confirm your request. This is done to ensure that the request was not submitted through someone who gained unauthorised access to your account.
- Once the self-exclude period begins you will not be able to access your account. Any funds in your account will be withdrawn and returned to you in accordance with our terms and conditions.
- During the self-exclusion period we will make all reasonable efforts to ensure that you are removed from our marketing materials. This does not mean that we are able to ensure that you will not be exposed to untargeted and general advertising campaigns.
- At the end of the self-exclusion period you may contact us to request restored access to our gaming products. You must request this change in person, or via telephone, skype, or IM. Email contact is not sufficient to authorise the return from self-exclusion.
- Kindly note that only upon a clear 'self-exclusion' request will your account be suspended as per the agreed time on a self-exclusion basis. Otherwise the account will be 'suspended' but can be reopened any time upon customer's request.